How to become certified with the GBC:
1. Contact us. Use the contact form below to send us an email or call 888-966-3330 to speak with one of our compliance specialists, who will provide you with the appropriate application form. You will then complete the application along with providing supporting documentation.
2. Submit payment: Before we can begin reviewing your application you must first submit your initial payment. Payment can be made by mail to:
Green Burial Council, Westwood Hills Memorial Park, 2720 Cold Springs Road, Placerville, CA 95667
3. Submit application. After making your initial email please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Certification review. Your compliance specialist will begin the evaluation process once your application is received and you will be contacted should there be any questions or additional information needed to complete your certification.
5. Become certified. You will be notified by your compliance specialist once you have been awarded certification. You will then be granted license to use the Green Burial Council Logo on your website and pre-approved marketing materials. You will also receive a certificate verifying that your establishment is a certified Green Burial Council provider and will be listed on our website, creating visibility and distinction to consumers (click here to see our provider map).
6. Ongoing responsibilities. Periodic compliance monitoring is an important component of our certification program and is required to ensure that organizations continue to meet the requirements of certification over time.
Want more information about our certifications? Send us and email: